I love failure, and failure is your biggest asset
I am a big fan of what most people call “failure.”
However, I don’t actually believe in failure, in the sense that most people define it. You’re failure is one of the biggest causes of your success, but only if you use it correctly.
You’re failure is why you are so amazing today, but only if you
have applied it properly. Failure is your biggest asset. Want to know why? Of course you do, so read on…….
So how do most people define failure?
–noun 1. an act or instance of failing or proving unsuccessful; lack of success: (source dictionary.com)
So we all know what failure is, but, do you know what the inventor of probably the biggest life changing device of all times said about failure?
- “I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.”
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
- “Many of life’s failures are men who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”
- “Nearly every man who develops an idea works at it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then gets discouraged. That’s not the place to become discouraged.”
- “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ” — Thomas Edison
I have always studied and been a great fan of Edison, but I have not always been a fan of what we call failure, until I learned that failure only exists in the people who believe in failure. So I stopped believing in failure, and now it does not exist. Not only that, but once I abandoned my belief in failure my personal freedom and happiness instantly grew!
I would stop writing here, but you might want some more thoughts to help you tie all of this together so….
- Failure is only in the eye of the beholder
- One persons perception of failure is anther’s perception of amazing achievement.
- It can’t possibly be failure, if…. You learned or grew from the experience
- This life is not about money, or many of the things that we call success, but a big part of this life is learning and experiences. So, as it relates to life, success is learning, success is not money. Have you ever had a “failure” that you learned from? Was it really a failure then?
- It’s only failure when you don’t learn, and when you give up on yourself.
So for my life, what’s true for me, is that failure does not exist.
It’s not that failure is not an option, it’s that it actually does not exist. I learn and grow from everything I touch and do. I improve every time I do something. There is no such thing as failure, there is just polishing my skills more and more.
Have you ever thought about how you learn? Many times we learn faster, and better when things are difficult and painful. For instance, we all learned from a very young age, and exceedingly quickly that touching hot things hurts and we also learned to avoid touching them because it hurt. Quick learning!
I would not call this a failure, I would call it a learning success. We might have gotten burned, but we learn when we burn. (rhyme added to help keep you awake)
So how did we get onto the topic of failure? Well I posted a status update on my facebook page Justin Criner Facebook Page.
The update read like this…
“The first to doubt looses. You will not succeed when you doubt. Your doubt takes away chances for success. Success manifests when doubt is removed.”
This turned into a discussion on failure, so lets talk about success. Is success the opposite of failure?
I’m not sure that it is. Once again, success is measured in the eye of the beholder. A successful person is all relevant to the judgments of others. So if you feel you are a success, that is all in your head. If you feel you are a failure, that again, is all in your head.
There is a very very strong bridge between success and failure. In order to succeed you must learn. In order to learn quickly you must be stimulated in a way that is powerful and effective. TRIALS, PAIN, FAILURE, ARE POWERFUL AND EFFECTIVE STIMULUS.
But they only work, when your perspective of them works. If you are fighting against them, if you are fighting against your perspective of failure, then failure exists for you, and…..Your SUCCESS is stunted.
So stop fighting against failure. Perhaps its even time to eliminate failure from your belief system. I don’t believe failure exists, and I’m still alive. Perhaps its time for you to through failure out the window and just believe in success, growth, and the amazing life you have.
Thank you for taking time out of your day to join me on Always Developing. If you would like to know more about Always Developing and how we can work together then check out the info below. If you have had enough then go and fail no more 😉 If you need help overcoming some of your past failures, then ask for it! Check out Always Developing personal freedom coaching
Do you have friends that NEED this help? Now you can remember to share it with them on FaceBook by clicking here. Thank you!
Join a self development facebook community here
Did this article help you? Interested in working with one of our coaches to keep your life moving dramatically forward? Leave a comment titled “free session.”
Oh, and one more awesome thing, you can subscribe to these direct to your email. No spam included! Just check out the right side of the page.
Copyright © 2010 All Rights Reserved – Always Developing